Well, there you have it. Just as you wrapped your head around the 2018 storage fees for your Amazon FBA listings…BOOM! 2019 hits and you have to re-educate yourself.
Luckily this year there is some good news about listings that have been with Amazon for more than 365 days.
Types of fees being changed:
- Long-term storage
- Minimum long-term storage
- Monthly inventory storage
All in all, monthly storage fees will remain the same from 2018 although Dangerous Goods will see an increase in fees. The change will be first reflected in April 2019 for March’s storage charges.
In regards to long-term storage fees, Amazon sellers will no longer pay for items* that are in fulfillment centers for 181-365 days. But beware of the fee once items hit the 365-day mark.
*Note Multi-Channel Fulfillment program is also affected by this change.
Amazon will reduce the minimum long-term storage fees for items in the fulfillment center for more than 365 days to $0.15 (from $0.50). This is a big saving for those items, although we hope your inventory doesn’t last that long.
- Items in fulfillment centers longer than 365 days are subject to either the minimum long-term storage fee (per unit) or long-term storage fee (charged per cubic foot), whichever is greater.
- In order to avoid fees, the removal order must be submitted before the cleanup date. While you are waiting for the inventory to be removed or disposed of, it is still available for sale if in sellable condition.
- All of these fees are in addition to monthly storage fees
- These fees do not affect: FBA Small and Light AND Inventory Placement Services.
Which ASINs are affected?
To determine which ASINs in your inventory fall into the new structure, you can use the Inventory Age and Inventory Health and compare it against your Seller Snap listing page by adding your Inventory Age columns. If you do not know how to add columns you can view our knowledge base here.
Seller Snap offers you a fully automated, proprietary AI powered Game Theory Repricer. Seller Snap provides the best possible performance no matter how the competition changes. Forget everything you know about complex Amazon store repricers. With Seller Snap, you’re only a few seconds away from taking advantage of game theory principles for your Amazon store optimization. Contact Seller Snap today for a 15-Day Free Trial.